About The Firm and Roger P. Bernhardt, Esq.
Roger P. Bernhardt, J.D. is Founder and Managing Partner of Bernhardt Law Firm LC. Roger P. Bernhardt, a graduate of Harvard Law School, has the reputation, seasoned experience, and credentials to get the job done right, the first time, and at the right price. Roger’s undergraduate academic career included B.A. Economics, University of Chicago, with Special Honors. Roger P. Bernhardt is rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale.com, the highest possible rating awarded for legal ability and ethics (AV) [Click Here for their Ratings & Review]. In 2014 The Missouri Bar Association awarded Roger P. Bernhardt, esq. with the designation of “Senior Counselor,” indicating many years of service while in good standing.
Roger P. Bernhardt works with his son, Andrew G. Bernhardt, Paralegal (B.A. Economics, Indiana University) at their principal office in Clayton, which is just a stones throw from Saint Louis County Courthouse.
ROGER P. BERNHARDT
BERNHARDT LAW FIRM LC
230 South Bemiston Avenue, #640
Saint Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105
- Phone: 314-727-2899
- Fax: 314-727-2882
- E-mail: RPBLawMan@aol.com
- Born in St. Louis, Missouri. Happily in practice over 40+ years. Married with three adult children; enjoys history, music, dogs and vintage cars.
- Participated in asset purchase involving over 15,000 parcels of real estate, with primary responsibility for the preparation of deeds.
- Has been called upon as an expert witness in several civil cases.
- Earned highest possible rating for legal ability and ethics (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell lawyer rating service.
- “Senior Counselor” designation from the Missouri Bar Association awarded in 2014 indicating many years of service while in good standing.
Areas of Practice
- Probate & Estate Planning
- Probate & Guardianship
- Business Law
- Business Consulting
- Business Formation (“Emerging Businesses”)
- Involving the creation and formation of many organizational types including INC, LC, LLC, Series-LLC, LP, LLP, S-Corp, C-Corp, Cooperatives (Co-Op, Collective, Group), Trust, Corporate Trust, and Non-Profit Corporations such as a 501(c) Organization in Compliance with USC 26 § 501).
- Related Taxation Issues
- Litigation Involving the Validity of Trusts and Wills
- Wills & Trusts
- Trust Administration & Management
- Family Law
- Elder Law
- Child Custody Determinations
- Real Estate
- Criminal Defense
- Social Security Claims & Appeals
- Missouri, 1964
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1967
- U.S. Tax Court, 1965
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1964 (Full Academic Scholarship)
- UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. – 1961 (Full Academic Scholarship)
- Honors: With Honors, Special Honors in Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- St. Louis County Bar Association of Metro St. Louis, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, admitted to practice ’64, admitted ’88 to Probate & Trust Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Section on Taxation, Member
- Admitted to U.S. Tax Court
- Estate Planning Council Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Bernhardt Law Firm LC 2012-Present
- Partner. Primary work in Estate Planning and Probate, Wills & Trusts, Guardianship, Business Formation, Prenuptials, Real Estate, and Traffic.
- Bernhardt & Wichmer, P.C. 1999-2012
- Partner. Primary work in Estate Planning and Probate.
- Danna McKitrick, P.C. 1991-1999
- Partner with principal responsibility in estate planning and probate, and related litigation.
- Portman, Bernhardt, Kessler & Black 1983-1991
- Partner. Responsibility in estate planning and probate work, business financing, pension, and related tax work.
- Bryan, Cave, McPheeters & McRoberts 1971-1983
- Elected Partner in 1975. extensive experience in banking, real estate, and estate planning and probate. Assigned as “in-house” counsel to Centerre Bank for 3 ½ years.
- Shepley, Kroeger & Hecker, and successors 1964-1971
- Partner. General civil practice with emphasis in business and estate planning. Major project- represented seller in asset sale of largest private landowner in United States
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Summers 1961, 1962 & 1963
- One summer in economic research department and two summers in legal department working with G.T. Dunne and F.G. Russell, principally on UCC matters.